Things that have happened to me while running.
- Pulled over by a police officer and told to get out of the road.
- Almost run over approximately 10 times. Cars backing out of driveways, people turning right, and trucks with mirrors large enough to dress in being the major dangers.
- Been heckled by 2 separate cars full of teenagers. “Slow Motion Jogger” and “Eeeewl!”. Thanks, folks. Love the motivation.
- Nearly run down by a bicycle who thought “on your left” was something he could mutter approximately 1 second before impact. He then yelled at me to turn off my iPod. My iPod was off.
- Got into a shouting match with a neighbor who pulled past me on a snowy day doing 40mph on a 25mph road and HONKED.
- Tried to notify several people that I was passing (“on your left”) and had them scream at me not to surprise them.
- Had a confrontation, in the dark, with two unleashed dogs who ran into the road to block me from passing their house.
And now, add to that list
- Narrowly missed by a waterballoon thrown from a car window.
Luckily these kids had shit for aim.
Of course, a few weeks from now I’ll probably be running in the heat, thinking how welcome it would be to be covered heel to toe in water. Solution: Go jogging where there are a lot of bored teenagers, preferably with access to water. Fundraiser car wash?